Unarc.dll is one of the dynamic link library files that is used by various applications to decompress files that have been compressed using certain algorithms. When this file is missing or corrupted, it can cause errors such as “unarc.dll returned an error code 14” to be displayed. This error prevents you from installing games, apps, update an existing program, or extract files from a compressed archive. When you come across this error, you can try the following methods to fix it.
Clean all the Temporary Files from the System
It is very important to have enough storage before installing an application. If the setup is unable to write temporary files, it won’t be able to proceed with the installation process. Follow the steps below to create space by clearing temporary files.
- Press the Win+ R to open the Run program, and type Temp and press the Ok option.
- Select all the files and press the Shift + Delete button. Then select yes to confirm.
- Again, open Run Program again, and type %temp% and press the Enter Key.
- Now select all the files and press the shift + delete button. So, click on yes to allow.
- Open Run Program again, type prefetch, and click ok.
- Press Continue to access the folder and then select all the files. Again press the shift + Delete key and click yes to allow.
- Now open the File Explorer and right-click on the Network option in the left pane.
- Select properties and then click on Internet Option.
Click on Settings from the General tab. Then press the View File option.
- Select all the files, press the Shift + Delete, and permanently delete all these temporary files. Press Ok.
- Now restart your system and check if the error appears or not.
Download the Missing DLL file
The following DLL error mostly appears if the unarc.dll file is missing from your system. In this case, you can download the file from the internet. Follow these steps to download the missing DLL file.
- Go to dll-files. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the Download.
- When the zip file downloads in your system, extract it with the help of any extraction tool such as WinRAR.
- Now place the unarc.dll file in the directory that applies to your PC, such as;
C:\Windows\System32 (on a 32-bit computer)
C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (on a 64-bit computer)
- Now restart your computer and try to download the game again. Now check if the error resolves.